Tips on reading the Bible, from Pastor Jonathan Steeper
When you are reading a Bible Passage, Ask and Answer Three Questions:
1. What does it say about God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)? Where is He in the passage?
– God’s Character
– God’s Action
2. What does it say about me? Are there people I identify with (try identifying with the sinner)?
– What do I learn about my sin nature?
– What do I learn about living in Christ?
3. So What?
– Is there Sin to be repented?
– Is there a Command to be obeyed?
– Is there a Promise to claim?