Why read the Bible? Here’s what it tells:
There are many printed and online daily devotional materials available to help Christians draw close to Jesus Christ on a daily basis.
Daily devotional readings help readers spend time each day in God’s Word. Each daily thought is designed to draw the reader/listener into a closer relationship with Jesus Christ and to evoke responses of worship, love, trust and obedience.
Printable Bible Reading Plans:
American Bible Society (2014 guide)
Online Bible Reading Plans:
Tips on reading the Bible, from Pastor Jonathan Steeper
When you are reading a Bible Passage, Ask and Answer Three Questions:
1. What does it say about God (Father, Son, Holy Spirit)? Where is He in the passage?
– God’s Character
– God’s Action
2. What does it say about me? Are there people I identify with (try identifying with the sinner)?
– What do I learn about my sin nature?
– What do I learn about living in Christ?
3. So What?
– Is there Sin to be repented?
– Is there a Command to be obeyed?
– Is there a Promise to claim?
Great Bible Apps
YouVersion Bible App
ESV CrossWay for IOS & Android
Glo Bible for IOS
Blue Letter Bible for IOS
NIV Bible for IOS & Android
Olive Tree Bible Study for IOS & Android
Bible Gateway for Android
Logos Bible App for IOS & Android